Getting started with Qosifire
Qosifire has a lot of capabilities which you can read about in our knowledge base.
However, if you'd like to try it out with some sample stream, use this step-by-step guide to get started.
1. Sign up
Everything starts with a new account in Qosifire. Sign up for a new account. It requires only your email and it gives a free trial period.
2. Install agent node
- Qosifire agent is a software which tracks stream availability and quality parameters.
- You need to install it on your own hardware or virtual server at an appropriate location, e.g. near your end-users.
- You can install more than one node, and each stream may be checked by multiple monitoring nodes.
Use these instructions to install the agent:
3. Set up stream
Once the agent node is working, you can set up the stream monitoring in Qosifire web service. Use these article to make the setup for your particular stream:
- Setting up stream monitoring
- HLS monitoring feature set
- Icecast monitoring feature set
- RTMP monitoring feature set
4. Set up mobile app
Qosifire will notify you about any issues using your email.
However you can use our mobile apps to get mobile alerts about all noticeable events.
Once you install the app, just log into it using your Qosifire user and password. You'll start getting alerts once they appear in Qosifire web service.
That would be enough to get started.
If you find Qosifire useful, feel free to proceed with a monthly subscription. You'll find a subscription button in your account.
You can find more information about Qosifire in our knowledge base as well as on this web site.