RTMP quality monitoring
Qosifire provides RTMP streaming quality monitoring
RTMP is a leading standard for live stream delivery from encoders and origin servers. Qosifire allows monitoring the quality of service for RTMP streams to make sure the content is produced properly for further usage. Also, RTMP can still be used for playback so Qosifire will monitor the performance from end-user perspective.
Qosifire stream setup and usage details can be found in Monitoring setup articles.
You can find full list of RTMP monitoring parameters in RTMP monitoring setup knowledge base article, here are some most notable ones.
- Connection events and issues
- DNS-related events and issues
- Agent nodes performance
Information events include:
- Stream info shows general information for the stream, e.g. its resolution.
- Video info has information regarding video content like codec, profile etc.
- Audio info has information regarding audio content like sample rate, channels etc.
RTMP-related error events generates user notifications:
- Buffer too short means that the buffer sent by the server is too short for proper playback and check.
- Buffer too long means that the buffer sent by the server is too long for the player.
- Specific error events generate user notifications and contain RTMP protocol-specific issues. There are dozens of possible use cases and they all are handled and reported by Qosifire.
Watch this video to learn more details about HLS monitoring setup:
Notifications are currently initiated against all RTMP-related errors as describe above.
All users with proper access level in your account will get emails and mobile push notifications.